The good news is that generally speaking skunks (Mephitis mephitis nigra) can be easily trapped in box traps. The bad news is how do you keep yourself from getting sprayed by the trapped skunk when you approach the trap?
One answer is by using a solid walled box trap. These plastic walled traps allow you to approach the skunk with added safety. They are absolutely enclosed (no holes) except where hardware penetrates the trap and the holes in the solid aluminum door. Some trappers drill holes in the trap for added airflow. We do NOT recommend this as if you catch a raccoon, the raccoon will widen the air vent and destroy the trap. While the trap does not stop the skunk from spraying, it does reduce the risk of the skunk spray hitting you and it also reduces the risk as the skunk will be less nervous. (Nervous skunks spray).
Dura-Poly Plastic-catch, solid walled, box trap is available in white-only. This trap measures 9" x 9" x 24" and is very heavily constructed. This is the preferred skunk trap of many. I would suggest drilling some holes for ventilation near the rear of the trap.
Order Your Dura-Poly Plastic-Catch Skunk Trap Today Order Online
We also have Raccoon Size 12"x12"x32' Order Online
You provide the trap, we provide the cover. This plastic trap cover converts your cage trap to a low cost solid sided skunk trap. This cover gives you the flexibility to use your traps for skunks and for other animals at a fraction of the cost. Comes in two sizes, 24 inch size for skunk traps and 30 inch size for raccoon.
Order Your Trap Cover Online
|Controlling Skunk Odors||Nose Cone|
While we encourage the use of our secure on-line ordering system. Click Secure. We understand how some of our customers have concerns with on-line credit card purchases prefer to pay with money orders etc. For those of you who wish not to use on-line ordering please follow the instructions below.
To determine the total cost of the purchase please follow these steps.
1. Click the purchase online link of the product you wish to purchase. (Don't worry you will cancel before the transaction is complete).
2. You will be taken to the Miva Secure Server. Put the number of the items you want in the Quantity form. Then Click Add to Basket. The page will reappear. Then click in the upper right hand corner "Checkout"
3. You will be asked if you want to create an account. Simply click "Place Order Without Account". Then type in whatever you want for your name, street address, phone number and e-mail. Just be sure that with your fake e-mail you set it up as email@example.com. The computer doesn't know if it is a real address or not. But it does recognize if it isn't set up properly.
4. Type in the correct City and State and Zip Code. This information is used by the computer to determine shipping costs.
5. Click "Continue". When you submit the information, (most of which is fake) you will be forwarded to a page that gives you options for shipping. In the shipping section, click the arrow. A form will come up that will list the prices of the various ways you can have the product shipped to you.
6. Click "Continue" and you will be forwarded to a page that will total the cost of the product and shipping. At this point, simply leave the site or turn off your browser. Note you have not put in your credit card number or even your full address. You can now send a money order to our address below. Or if you wanted to fax or call in your order, you will know what the total cost of the item(s) will be.
Disclaimer: WDC seeks to provide accurate, effective and responsible information on resolving human/wildlife conflicts. We welcome suggestions, criticisms to help us achieve this goal. The information provided is for informational purposes only and users of the information use it at their own risk. The reader must consult state/federal officials to determine the legality of any technique in the reader's locale. Some techniques are dangerous to the user and to others. WDC encourages readers to obtain appropriate training (see our informational literature at our Store ), and understand that proper animal damage control involves patience, understanding that not every technique/method works for every situation or even 100% of the time. Your use of this information is governed by this understanding. We welcome potential users of the information and photos to simply ask for permission via e-mail. Finally, WDC welcomes e-mail but understand that all e-mails become property of Wildlife Damage Control.